People Who Make a Difference
Our team meets challenges and helps clients find cost-effective solutions every day. Our specialists include LEED AP BD+C staff, certified geothermal designers, lighting designers, and commissioning agents. Our broad range of services include:
Mechanical | Electrical | Plumbing | Lighting | Technology | Fire Protection/Life Safety | Commissioning | LEED Consulting & Sustainable Design | Construction Administration | Planning & Programming | Federal Capabilities
What We Do
We listen to clients’ wants, needs, and desires to better understand the scope of projects, large and small. Clients span a wide range of industries, from federal to healthcare, and from commercial to K-12 and higher education. For all our projects, engineers focus on cost, safety, reliability, and visual impact. With talent and creativity, the result is engineering excellence.
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Boilers, Chillers, Circulating Pumps, and Cooling Towers
- Building Automation Control Systems
- Facility and Energy Assessments
- Arc Flash, Short Circuit, and Coordination Studies
- Primary and Secondary Power Distribution
- Domestic, Sanitary, and Storm Water Plumbing Systems
- Compressed Air, Medical, and Process Gas Systems
- Meet ADA Requirements
- Natural Gas piping
- Construction Drawings
- In-Field Aiming
- Data Center Design
- Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Audio/Visual System Design
- Security System Design
- Fire and Life Safety Studies
- Systems for New and Renovated Facilities
- Commissioning Plans
- Commissioning Specifications
- Proper Building Orientations
- Avoiding North Facing Entries
- Placement of Windows/Skylights to Maximize Natural Light
- Contractor's Submittal Review
- Pay Application Review
- Construction Directives Issued for Clarifications and Minor Changes
- Change Order Documentation, if needed
- Life Cycle Costing and Energy Modeling
- Programming Documents
- Design-Build Bridging Documents
- Lighting Modeling
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering/li>
- Fire Protection/Life Safety Engineer (FPE)
- Certified Commissioning Authorities (CxA)
- Certified Geothermal Designers (CGD)
In The News
What Clients Say
I have found the design engineers at Farris to be very professional and thorough in their approach and solutions.
The engineers and staff are knowledgeable, detailed, friendly, good listeners and excellent problem solvers.
Your dedication to sustainability, technology, energy efficiency and state-of-the-art design is admirable indeed.
I’ve been associated with a lot of M &E firms in my 40-plus years in facilities management; I’ve never worked with anyone better than Farris Engineering.
You will find that Farris Engineering has excellent program management skills and has a very capable and professional staff that will advocate for you as the client.
Response times to RFIs has been completed in hours rather than days. Farris’ personnel are highly skilled in their profession. I would recommend them highly.