Plumbing Designer for Building Design and Construction
Farris Engineering, a leader in providing quality designs for over 50 years, is looking to add a Plumbing Designer for building design and construction to our Omaha, NE office team.
As part of a 50+ person, 100% employee owned, consulting firm, you will be involved with projects of all types, budgets, and challenges throughout the United States. Projects may range from a small office building renovation to a large historical renovation and include K-12 schools, higher education, liturgical, military, and correctional projects to name a few. This position requires an individual who can provide the utmost in accuracy of all technical work and correspondence.
This individual will be part of integrated design team responsible for developing HVAC and plumbing designs from conceptual design through construction administration for an array of plumbing and fire protection systems for new and renovation projects.
Major job duties include:
- Daily job duties: This position is responsible for the creation and modeling of high-quality plumbing layouts. This includes riser diagrams, schedules, and plumbing design.
- This position requires an individual who can provide the utmost in accuracy of all technical work and correspondence and must possess excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with the design team.
- 3+ years of experience as a plumbing designer/CADD technician or a combination of education and experience.
- Must have exposure to plumbing engineering design principles and methodologies.
- Must be able to read architectural and structural drawings.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of Revit to develop and design drawings.
- Preference will be given to candidates certified in plumbing design (CPD).
- Knowledge of code and design guidelines.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High energy, Self-motivated and well-organized.
- Ability to function within and contribute to a positive, team oriented, continuous learning environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
Farris Engineering is dedicated to providing a fun and open working environment that focuses on your personal and professional development along with ample flexibility for your personal life. In addition, we offer an industry leading benefits package that includes 401K, company paid Employee Stock Option Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plan, and Flexible Working Hours.
Comments are closed