Mechanical Engineer for Building Design / Construction – Entry Level
Farris Engineering is looking for an Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer for Building Design / Construction. We would consider applications from new graduates with a bachelor’s degree in architectural engineering with an emphasis in mechanical building systems or a mechanical engineering degree.
In this position, you will be responsible for the design of mechanical heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems and plumbing system for all building types. This individual is typically working towards his/her professional registration and will be placed on a project team. Work performed will often revolve around making design determinations under the general guidance of a Sr. Mechanical Engineer.
To be considered for this position you will need to be capable of handling the following:
- Design Mechanical Building systems as requested
- Utilize Revit / AutoCAD in the design process
- Complete project assignments in the time allotted
- Keep up to date on your job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements
- Comply with CADD & Revit standards, project standards, filing processing and training
- Apply principles of engineering theory to projects
- Meet the performance goals established by your direct supervisor
- New Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering emphasis in Mechanical Building Systems or a new graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience after graduation in the Mechanical Engineering for building systems field for 0 – 4 years is also acceptable
- Proficient use of Revit and AutoCAD software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High-energy, self-motivated, well-organized
- Ability to function within and contribute to a positive, team oriented, continuous learning environment
- Must have ability to communicate and present effectively
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
Farris Engineering is dedicated to providing a fun and open working environment that focuses on your personal and professional development along with ample flexibility for your personal life. In addition, we offer an industry leading benefits package that includes 401K, company paid Employee Stock Option Plan, and Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plans.
Comments are closed