Electrical Engineer for Building Design and Construction
Farris Engineering, a leader in providing quality designs for over 50 years, is looking to add an Electrical Engineer for building design and construction to our Omaha, Nebraska office team.
As part of a 50+ person, 100% employee owned, consulting firm, you will be involved with projects of all types, budgets, and challenges throughout the United States. Projects may range from a small office building renovation to a large electric service replacement and include K-12 schools, higher education, liturgical, military, and correctional projects to name a few. This position requires an individual who can provide the utmost in accuracy of all technical work and correspondence and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with the design team and our clients.
Major job duties include:
- Daily job duties: Design calculations and analysis, review of shop drawings, writing/editing of electrical specifications, and selecting equipment for electrical power and lighting, fire alarm systems, and communication systems.
- Responsibility for dealing directly with clients and the design team to establish parameters and goals of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, BSEE or BSAE (with electrical emphasis).
- Minimum of 6 years of electrical engineering experience in a consulting or AE firm.
- Professional registration (P.E.) required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- U.S. Citizen
- Strong knowledge of relevant systems and codes
- Strong team and project management skills
- RCDD registration (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize to meet project deadlines
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with clients
- Proficient in REVIT, MEP, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Outlook
Farris Engineering is dedicated to providing a fun and open working environment that focuses on your personal and professional development along with ample flexibility for your personal life. In addition, we offer an industry leading benefits package that includes 401K, company paid Employee Stock Option Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plan, and Flexible Working Hours.
Comments are closed