Mechanical Engineer For Building Design and Construction
Website Farris Engineering
Mechanical Engineer For Building Design & Construction
Farris Engineering, a leader in providing quality designs for over 50 years, is looking to add a Mechanical for building design and construction to our Colorado Springs, CO office team.
As part of a 60+ person, 100% employee owned, consulting firm, you will be involved with projects of all types, budgets, and challenges throughout the United States. Projects may range from a small office building renovation to a large electric service replacement and include K-12 schools, higher education, liturgical, military, and correctional projects to name a few. This position requires an individual who can provide the utmost in accuracy of all technical work and correspondence and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with the design team and our clients.
This individual will be part of integrated design team responsible for developing HVAC and plumbing designs from conceptual design through construction administration for an array of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for new and renovation projects.
Major job duties include:
- Daily job duties: Writing detailed engineering reports and narratives, performing engineering design calculations, utilizing building information modeling, selecting equipment for HVAC systems, writing/editing of mechanical specifications, estimating probable costs of mechanical construction, reviewing of shop drawings, coordinating with architectural, structural, and electrical disciplines, and completing other functions necessary throughout the project.
- This position requires an individual who can provide the utmost in accuracy of all technical work and correspondence and must possess excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with the design team and with clients
- Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering Degree; individual pursuing such degree may be considered for part-time and/or summer employment
- Knowledge of code and design guidelines
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship
- 0-2 years as mechanical engineer in the design of building HVAC systems
- Engineer in Training EIT (passed the FE Exam)
- Strong knowledge of code and design guidelines
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize to meet project deadlines
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with clients
- Experience with Trace 700 or other building loads software
- Experience BIM (i.e., Autodesk Revit MEP) a bonus
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to obtain security clearance
Farris Engineering is dedicated to providing a fun and open working environment that focuses on your personal and professional development along with ample flexibility for your personal life. In addition, we offer an industry leading benefits package that includes 401K, company paid Employee Stock Option Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plan, and Flexible Working Hours.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com