Electrical Designer for Building Design/Construction
Farris Engineering, a leader in providing quality designs for over 50 years, is looking to add a Mechanical Designer for building design and construction to our Lincoln, NE office team.
As part of a 50+ person, 100% employee owned, consulting firm, you will be involved with projects of all types, budgets, and challenges throughout the United States. Projects may range from a small office building renovation to a large historical renovation and include K-12 schools, higher education, liturgical, military, and correctional projects to name a few. This position requires an individual who can provide the utmost in accuracy of all technical work and correspondence.
This individual will be part of integrated design team responsible for electrical and lighting system designs. These designs need to contribute to safe, functional and pleasant environments for clients and end users within building projects that range from new to renovation projects. You will be responsible for performing lighting calculations using lighting level software, providing lays out for lighting fixtures, electrical power outlets, data comm outlets, and fire alarm components. As well as, applying wire sizes or sizes to wires based on connected electrical load in amperes with the assistance from engineers.
- 3-5+ years of experience as an electrical designer /CADD tech / REVIT tech in electrical consulting field or a combination of education and experience
- Experience in design of building electrical systems.
- Must have exposure to electrical engineering design principles and methodologies.
- Must be able to read architectural and structural drawings
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Bluebeam)
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit to develop and review design drawings
- High-energy, self-motivated, well-organized.
- Ability to function within and contribute to a positive, team oriented, continuous learning environment.
- Must have ability to communicate and present effectively
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to make decisions in matters of significance
Farris Engineering is dedicated to providing a fun and open working environment that focuses on your personal and professional development along with ample flexibility for your personal life. In addition, we offer an industry leading benefits package that includes 401K, company paid Employee Stock Option Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance Plan, and Flexible Working Hours.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org