Farris Announces New Board of Directors
Farris Engineering has announced its new board of directors, including 7 incumbents and 1 newly elected member.
- Michael D. Wallace: President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Stephen C. Roitsch: Chairman of the Board, Assistant Secretary and Vice President
- Lyle W. Hubl: Treasurer and Executive Vice President
- Donna G. Kohlan: Secretary and Vice President
- Matt Morrissey: Vice President
- Ericka Nienhueser: Vice President
- Ryan Richard: Vice President
- Joining the Board is Ben Schmitt, Vice President
Newly elected board member Ben Schmitt rejoined Farris Engineering in 2018 as a Project Manager and Mechanical Engineer. Ben previously interned at Farris during college and then joined the company full time as a Mechanical Engineer from 2008 to 2013. Ben’s focus throughout his career has been serving the healthcare, K-12 education, and higher education sectors with additional experience in government/military, commercial, and industrial projects.
Ben received his Architectural Engineering undergraduate degree from the University of Nebraska-Omaha and master’s degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is licensed as a professional engineer in Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and Montana and has obtained additional certifications of Qualified Commissioning Process Provider and Certified Energy Manager. Ben is a member of ASHRAE, Association of Energy Engineers, and Nebraska Society of Healthcare Engineers, and serves as the Vice Chairman of the City of Sidney Planning Commission.
“It is a significant honor to be elected to the Board of Directors of a company with such a long history of excellence in the building engineering industry and I look forward to helping continue that legacy.” -Ben Schmitt, PE, CEM, QCxP